Kestrel DROP D1 Wireless Bluetooth Temperature Data Logger for iOS & Android
Kestrel DROP D1 Wireless Temperature Data Logger
- Know your temperature conditions anywhere with the small, rugged Kestrel DROP D1 Temperature Logger
- The EASIEST way to monitor and track temperature in almost any environment – wet or dry, indoors or out
- View temperature data wirelessly via Bluetooth Smart on your iOS phone or tablet with the free Kestrel LiNK app
- Store thousands of data points and get months of logging on a single coin-cell battery – customize logging rate, connections and temperature alerts
- See, save and share data from multiple DROP loggers with just one phone or tablet –
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation, iPod Touch 5th generation and above.
- Android 4.2 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth Smart®, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid, and other recent generation phones and tablets.
A Kestrel DROP is the world’s easiest-to-use rugged environmental data logger. It allows you to monitor and record the conditions of any environment and easily access and chart real-time and historical data on your phone or tablet. A Kestrel DROP D1 logger can be placed wherever needed to log temperature with the data logs retrieved wirelessly and automatically to the Kestrel LiNK app when within range(up to 100ft.). Kestrel DROP data loggers are designed to be used anywhere you need to track environmental conditions. DROP loggers meet military and international standards for water, dust and shock resistance (IP-67-30 minute submersion at 1m and MIL-STD-810G drop tested) and are equipped with a sturdy D-ring for hanging wherever needed.
Use a DROP Anywhere - Small, Accurate, Rugged and Waterproof
Kestrel DROP loggers are designed to be used ANYWHERE you need to track environmental conditions. Each DROP measures just 1 x 1.8 x 2.4 inches (24 x 46 mm x 60 mm) and weighs just 1.2 ounces (34 grams). DROP loggers meet military and international standards for water, dust and shock resistance (IP-67 and MIL-STD-810G) and are conveniently equipped with a sturdy d-ring for hanging wherever needed.
The Kestrel DROP D1 employs a sealed precision thermistor mounted externally and thermally isolated for rapid response to monitor and record temperature over an operational and specification range of -4°F to 131°F (-20°C to 55°C) within +/- 0.9°F (0.5°C) accuracy. Each Kestrel DROP Data Logger is powered by one easily replaceable CR2032 lithium coin cell battery that will last up to 6 months (typical conditions and logging/connection settings). The DROP D1 holds more than 13,000 temperature readings.
DROPs Are Powered by the Kestrel LiNK App
Kestrel LiNK is the free app that powers the DROP loggers. With Kestrel LiNK, you can view real-time readings from any DROP logger within wireless range (100’ or more line of sight) via Bluetooth® Smart. Each phone or tablet can connect to up to 8 DROP loggers at the same time and store data logs from many more. Min/Max/Average readings are clearly displayed and the log is viewable as a scrolling graph with detailed data for each logged point. The app also allows adjustment of the logging interval and other settings as well as real-time threshold alerts. Readings can be updated as frequently as every 2 seconds and logging time and date are automatically updated whenever connected to your smart device. Send and share real-time and logged environmental data via email, Facebook or Twitter.
Requirements: iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or iPod Touch 5th generation – or any later iOS or hardware configuration. Will not work on iPhone 4, 3GS on 3G or any earlier iPad or iPod generation.
American-Made Quality and a Five-Year Warranty
Every Kestrel environmental instrument is designed and built entirely in the USA. Kestrel’s history and focus on quality and ruggedness is reflected in the DROP’s industry-leading five-year warranty. Kestrel has been building rugged environmental instruments that help people do their jobs more safely and efficiently for more than fifteen years and has built a reputation for reliability one meter at a time.
What Industries Can Use the Kestrel DROP?
- Shipping Container
- Training Center
- Shooting range
- Construction site
- HVAC System
- Refrigerated Grocery Delivery
- Blood Transportation
- Bluetooth Smart (Wireless Technology)
- Data Logger
- Drop-Tested, MIL-STD-810G
- IP67 Waterproof
- Lightweight & Durable
Who's Using the Kestrel DROP D1 Wireless Temperature Data Logger
- Coaches & Athletic Trainers
- Construction & HVAC
- Education & Classroom Use
- Facilities Management
- Farming & Agriculture
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Individual At-Home Use
- Industrial Hygiene
- Law Enforcement
- Medical Courier Services
- Outdoor Event Organizers
- Outdoor Sports
- Precision & Competitive Shooting
- Research & Technology